Fast Track Ultra control panel?

sixer2007

Hey everyone,

The other day I tried to use my buddy's fast track ultra to track guitars into Cubase 5. I have the drivers and cubase picked up the interface no problem; ins and outs were all working. As we were trying to get a good tone, all of the snippet recordings we did were popping on the recording itself, not just in monitoring. You could see huge transients on the wave from...
I made sure that my Asio4All settings were correct, so i don't believe that was the issue.
My friend mentioned that strange things happen when a wireless card is turned on, so i shut that off. It didn't fix it.

I used this once before, so I know that there's a control panel for it someplace, but here's the thing... In the past, the only way i could get that control panel open was to restart my computer so it would automatically start up; then it shows in the system tray down by the clock (PC). However, i used a different m-audio interface recently, and now that control panel shows, but the FT ultra panel doesn't anymore. I know it's still installed because the program files exist. But, in the start menu there's only a "read me" and an "uninstall", no control panel. Also, there is no icon for a control panel in the Program Files either..

My question is, how the hell do you open the control panel for that device? This has be puzzled and super frustrated. Please advise!

Thanks!

Back