EMU people

track pusha

Everybody that uses emu cards, I was wondering have you tried the new drivers, and how they compare to the old ones. I was planning on getting a 1212m a while ago but i was told it wasn't worth it due to instability. The specs look very good but i just don't want to buy a piece of junk.

I use the emu0404. Its very stable. no problems. I use and old 766 with 329mb memory Gateway. No frezzing. Also I have no spyware no viruses no junk like the little computer toys people install off the internet. People who say its unstable dont know how to use it or never used it at all(just took the advice with out trying it). I've updated it to the new drivers and its seems to work fine. It adds 192kHz sampling. My PC cant handle that rate though. also it adds scrolling mouse capability so you can use the scroll to move the slider and nobs on the patchmix. Yea there was a lot of people not to frendly with emu but I found it very reliable and it sounds great. I think there are two updates. a firmware update and a patchmix up date.

altiris said:
I use the emu0404. Its very stable. no problems. I use and old 766 with 329mb memory Gateway. No frezzing. Also I have no spyware no viruses no junk like the little computer toys people install off the internet. People who say its unstable dont know how to use it or never used it at all(just took the advice with out trying it). I've updated it to the new drivers and its seems to work fine. It adds 192kHz sampling. My PC cant handle that rate though. also it adds scrolling mouse capability so you can use the scroll to move the slider and nobs on the patchmix. Yea there was a lot of people not to frendly with emu but I found it very reliable and it sounds great. I think there are two updates. a firmware update and a patchmix up date.

Ok thank you very much. I'm getting closer to making my decision either the 1820m or the presonus firepod. What program are you using with it.

i mostly use cubase sx. aslo cool edit pro 2 and cakewalk 2002 and acid pro 4. I guess thats why i dont have a new pc. I keep buying programs. and games too. and some equipment. like a mixer, mikes monitor and stuff like that. I can work around the limitations of my pc for now. Instead of buying a beefed up pc I chose the equipment and the software. I've spent about $3000 on stuff. Not all at one time though.

track pusha said:
Everybody that uses emu cards, I was wondering have you tried the new drivers, and how they compare to the old ones. I was planning on getting a 1212m a while ago but i was told it wasn't worth it due to instability. The specs look very good but i just don't want to buy a piece of junk.

Some areas have been uplifted with more stability, but I must say after good and precise setup none of the old drivers gave me some serious problems, but it is certainly worth of update if your are XP user.

Nevertheless, some would postpone their praise for later date : http://www.productionforums.com

Back