EMU 0404 USB - Mono input/stereo output??

pure.fusion

Hi all. Bit of a noob question, but I'm stuck.

I'm using Cubase, which will see one or both inputs of my USB EMU 0404 no problem.

Except of course when I have only one mic plugged into one of the EMU inputs, and want to record a stereo track in cubase, in which case I get a stereo track with only left (or right) channel with signal.

I was looking around the EMU hardware for "the" switch that connects one input to both outpus but this doesn't exist.

Any thoughts on how I can get a stereo track recorded from a singe mic inout into an EMU 0404?

The reason I want to do this BTW is because I'm using effects that accept a stereo signal and they don't behave as stereo effects if I feed it a mono track.

Someone may be able to tell me which big thing I am missing here!

Cheers,
FM

Ok, so XLR splitter it is then.

Cheers.

FM

It will still be mono. Same signal spread across two channels, it's still the same signal.

because I'm using effects that accept a stereo signal and they don't behave as stereo effects if I feed it a mono track.

What effect is it? Are you sure you need a stereo input for this to work?? You can add a stereo chorus to your mic track and then feed the plug in question.

This is an easy fix. Record on a mono track. Making a mono audio track means that Cubase will recognize the input as mono and will convert it to stereo. If you are recording with a mono input, always make your audio track a mono track.

Back