Edirol UA-25

Steve-Keys

Hi guys,

I was all set to get a Tascam US-122 ( or even a US-224 if i could find one under £200), but yesterday i was looking around ans saw an Edirol UA-25 advertised at Nusystems for £159.00 which looks like a great deal. The UA-25 looks like a newer version of the UA-5, is this correct?. The UA-5 is cheaper but i cant help feeling that the UA-25 must now be the best bet out of all the above!. Has anyone got any opinions?, especially on the new UA-25,

Thanks,

Steve

Sorry to dig up a old thread, but to the comments above about usb, usb is actually quite capable of recording 2 tracks, which is why these little units are only 2 channel..

Firewire is exactly the same, just greater bandwidth, meaning more tracks at one time..

I'm going to buy the Edirol UA-25 tomorrow, anyone care to comment on the unit?

I'm using UA-5 with my laptop.. and I haven't had a single problem since I bought it in last september. Acoustic_Daddy is right, USB (at least the UAs) dont seem to have any problems with delivering 2 tracks.
The main difference between UA-5 and UA-25.. 25 has MIDI support.

Hi Guys,

I did a lot of digging around after i posted this originally. In the end i bought a Emu 0404 sound card, after some initial teething problems it has turned out to be a great investment at around £70. The sound quality is absolutely beautiful & i would recommend others to check it out (it also comes with some great software: Cubasis, Wavelabe etc).

Back