Edirol fa-66 no input signal

Gurb

Hello!

I am new in the forum and also quite new in the home recording world, apologies if what I am requesting is quite obvious or it has already been posted, I have been searching for long and I wouldn't find anything that could help me, hence my post.

I have an Edirol FA-66 fireWire interface that it was previously working fine in my previous computer, unfortunately, my computer crashed and I had to get a new computer.

I was hoping that I could get back to my previous status straight away, but after installing the drivers and plugging in the interface, I couldn´t get any sound!

First I checked the 'Manage Audio Device' options in my computer (Windows 7 64bits) and I noticed that the default Output device was set to 'FA-66 Out 3', by changing this to 'FA-66 Out 1' I managed to get it working, so I can now reproduce any sound through my interface and it works fine, first problem resolved!.

However, I can´t still hear anything when playing my guitar through the interface, there is just no signal. I have been changing the Recording options in my computer from 'FA-66 in 1', to 'FA-66 in 3' but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I can't even hear anything when using my headphones directly into the audio interface. I have been researching the internet for a few hours with no success. :(

Please, any suggestions?

I have tried all different options in my settings, all buttons in my interface, install/uninstall drivers, etc... As I said, I got it working in the past in a different computer, but this time it doesn't seem to work at all. I am sure it must be something very obvious, but I can't think of anything...

Please help.

Thanks!!

Back