Echo MIA - Random Static Clicks

Most random clicks in the audio are usually attributed to not having the digital audio properly synced. This is a user configurable parameter, and is a source of many problems for those new to digital audio. One digital device needs to be the master(Internal) that all others sync to (Slave;External). If you designate more than one master the audio moves ahead or falls behind and results in the clicks, pops, and audio dropouts.

I'd rest assured that this is most likely not a hardware problem.

Steve

Thanks Steve. Yeah I know all about master slave style clicks (POd to ISIS misshaps) :D :D

Unfortunately this is definately something else - over on the SOS site Martin Walker has mailed Echo who are having problems duplicating the problem but are investigating all the same. A number of users are suffering with the Mia's clicks and they are hoping for a patch/driver fix from Echo and that it's not a hardware problem...

In the meantime though I have a DAW to build for a colleague so it's not helping me much as he was set on Mia. Looks like another Delta 44 will be arriving :)

Cheers

Back