(dumb question) how do you hook up an audiophile to a mixer??

Pygmy Coho

I was looking at an audiophile and I noticed that it has no 1/4 inch connections. I have a mackie 12 channel mixer that has 2 ''tape inputs'' and 2 "tape outputs" in the same connector style/size as the audiophile, but everything else on it is 1/4 inch. So how do I hook these things together? Can I hook them together? What kind of sound quality could I expect from a setup like this? Will I have problems with latency?
I had been looking at the omni studio but it is a little out of my price range at the moment. Would I be better off waiting until I can afford the omni, or would the mixer/audiophile combo be comparable to that?

Thanks so much for any help you can give me!!!!

You can indeed hook them together, through the miracle of custom cables. Pair of mono 1/4" ones on one end, pair of mono RCA on the other. Keep it short because the inputs on the Audiophile are unbalanced.

There are also adapters for 1/4" plus down to RCAs...

Does anyone manufacture cables like this, or is it an exclusively D.I.Y. project? Will this kind of connection degrade an audio signal? If so, how much?

Where could I get the adapters you mentioned? How do they affect the audio signal?

Thanks very much for your help!!!!!!!

Radio Shack....they come premade and dont affect the sound quality at all.....

Back