Dumb MP3 Question

CMiller

This is a really dumb question, and I'm sure it's something small I'm overlooking. I'm a little embarrassed, but here goes...

I was noticing on my MP3's that I've made that the info doesn't include the copyright info and that it's original music, but the MP3's you guys (most of you anyway) make do have that included. I use Music Match as an encoder and it does have information that I can fill out, but it doesn't allow me to enter copyright info and the original music box.

For example...take Bobbo's tune "Relieve Me". If you're using Winamp, click file info and it says, "MPEG Info...and among the information is "Copyrighted: Yes, and Original: Yes". If you look at one of mine, you'll notice that both fields are checked "No".

I was never given the option to change that, and I can only edit some of that info.

If someone can help me with this stupid question, I'd be grateful. I'd even be willing to post a special topic...

"(Insert your name here) Is the Greatest Person On the Web"

I can't speak for Music Match- I've only got their free encoder and that only does 96Kbps conversions, but the Sonic Foundry MP3 plug-in gives you the option to write the ID3 tag info to the .mp3 file. There's a checkbox for [write]/[don't write] the info and when it's checked the grayed info fields become a data entry screen.

It's really weird because I can mess with all kinds of information but I can't change the copyright and original tag. It's just strange.

Back