Dual audio for vid using a mac

rpiano

Hi All
I am thinking there should be a relatively easy way to do this. My daughter ( who has an awesome voice) likes to play guitar and sing and post on you tube. I bought her a CAD usb mic and an Acoustic Link pickup to usb ( by Alesis). She is using a mac osx 10.6 My question is, without a mixer can she record both the acoustic guitar with the Acoustic Link and the Vocal mic simultaneously (live) onto video ? The Acoustic Link came with a recording program called Cubase LE 5.
After set up it seemed that there was input levels from both at once but I'm not sure. Any ideas? Please help I am kinda lost with this one. Thanks in advance for any help.
Russ

Yes. You'll need to create an Aggregate Device to be able to record both the mic and the pickup at the same time. I'd Google search how to create an aggregate device to get a start on that.

Once you have your aggregate device made you'll have to set it up as the input in Cubase. I don't use Cubase so I can't really instruct you very well how to do this, but maybe somebody in the Cubase section of this forum would be able to help you.

You'll then be able to record her performance in Cubase while you simultaniously record the video with a separate camera. You'll have to export the audio from Cubase, import the camera footage into a video editor, import the audio into the same editor, and sync up the audio with the video.

Wow more work than I would have liked but I'll work on it as soon as possible thank you so much for you response I truly appreciate it!
She has run into a different problem and I am not there near her to help her with it.
No matter how low she sets the levels on the mic input it distorts horribly. She has used the attenuator on the mic itself but sale issue, any clues?
Thanks again

Back