Do DAWs compensate for latency?

I was thinking in real-time, automatically, like the DAW compensates.....:) .....doesn't that ^^^ work after the audio is recorded?
Yeah. I thought we were talking about recording??? For live work maybe use something like a trance gate that opens briefly on the beats. If you don't hit on time, you don't get heard! ;)

Yeah. I thought we were talking about recording??? For live work maybe use something like a trance gate that opens briefly on the beats. If you don't hit on time, you don't get heard! ;)

Yes...recording.....automatic timming comensation as the audio is going into the DAW. :)

Maybe there already is some kind of "auto-quantize AS it's being recorded" option in some DAWs....like if the bass player is x milliseconds out of the preset "pocket"...it pulls those notes in automatically/randomly....???

Just an amusing thoughtr considering all the autotune stuff. :D
I still track to tape...no auto-anything there.

Record latency controls

Here's where you control record latency in Reaper (at the bottom of the window):

Reaper record latency.jpg

Here's the record offset control in Sony Vegas 6 (which I adjusted manually for the picture):

Sony Vegas record offset.jpg

Normally you can leave those on the automatic setting, but I have had to adjust them manually with some interfaces.

BSG...I don't know if that ^^^ was in response to my previous post....or to the thread in general.

I was only joking around about automatic "player" compensation....:D...but yeah, I know DAWs do latency compensation on the fly.

BSG...I don't know if that ^^^ was in response to my previous post....or to the thread in general.

I was only joking around about automatic "player" compensation....:D...but yeah, I know DAWs do latency compensation on the fly.

Not in response to you, just general information.

Back