Digi001 is shipping for PC!

Layth

Just found out at the digi user conference that they have just started shipping the latest version of Pro Tools Lite for PC and Mac. If you're looking for a cheap way to get into Pro Tools on the PC, this is it.

Layth

You get what you pay for and with pro-tools you pay to much for sh*& If you want the low end of the overpriced bucket have at it..

From what I've seen and used, even the LE version of Pro Tools is above lots of other software multitrackers. I'm not an expert by far so if it's so terrible, how about a little direction on what IS good? I'm thinking of purchasing the Digi001 for the PC (if they come out with Win2000 drivers), so what else should be considered? The Digi001 ($850 US) would be the top of the price range for me.

[This message has been edited by Jon X (edited 05-30-2000).]

STC, arn't you from Nashville? The whole damn town uses Pro Tools. At least the ones doing computer recording. As far as over priced, I figure the hardware part of Digi001 is worth $700 all by itself. That would make the software portion, (Pro Tools Lite) about $300. Thats the same as Cakewalk Pro 9.0. Pro Tools Lite is missing some of the multimedia features of Pro Tools which most on this bbs don't care about anyway but its got 99% of everything else and a very solid and easy to use midi interface as well. So whats so low end of this bucket?

I am not interested in the digi 001 cause my Soundcraft Spirit folio sx 12 X 4 mixer and Delta 66 can do more than it can but..... the pro tools lite mac version that I saw demo'd last year was to say the least cutting edge and powerful . If the PC version is as good and actually works I would be very interested in learning and using it. But...this is at best barely post beta and probably will be a bit buggy. When and if they get it working smoothly with PC Pro tools Ol Cakewalk and Cubase are going to have a run for the money.

TAE, I agree a little debugging time is in order.
I want to keep all my mixing in the computer and the demo's I've seen look pretty useful in that regard so I'm saving up my pennies.

Your setup sounds way more than adequate!

Layth

Layla and Logic Platnium
Thats what i would recomend.. As a matter of fact it just won again for being the best pc combo. And Layla 24 has the optical. And the best thing it comes with a ton of plugins and Logic will work with Pro=tools hardware.. And about being from Nashville and the whole town using them, well when you have millions to throw away sure why not. but your everyday person doesnt have too. Layla and Logic have been put head to head with pro-tools and Layla and Logic have come out ahead in most.(remember Logic works with pro=tools hardware and software) Go to my website and listen to some stuff recorded on this setup.

P-III 800 Mhz .18 micron
384 RAM
Logic Audio Platnium.
http://www.mp3.com/CodyYoung

Back