Digi 001

Mastermindzz

I read in one forum where someone used the Digi 001 breakout box with Cubase with no problems, is this true, can the Digi 001 box be used with other software besides Pro Tools and Logic audio. Ex: N Track or Cakewalk since they both require basic sound cards for use for recording?

I believe non-ProTools applications have access to only one stereo in and one stereo out. Simon, have you been able to do better than this? If so, what?

Yeah, possibly, I haven't multi tracked into cubase through the 001 but I have recorded single mono trcks via the front panel analog XLR/phono inputs. I don't own a 001 to confirm unfortunately. I would assume Cubase can do it though, as long as the correct inputs are 'switched on' at the mixer panel and you have multi track enabled. Let me know if it works. :)

its most likely "possible" to record with non digi software with the 001 but that would be kind of a waste of software since the 001 is bundled and designed to work with PT LE.....if you' re not an expert then stay away from trying to get digi products to run with mainstream PC applications like cakewalk et al....you know its also "possible" to run your car on kerosene............if this is your only alternative then sell the 001 and get something that wil play nice with your software.....:)

Although there are benefits from running cubase with 001. Cubase has VST instruments and generally a better midi architecture, not to mention Rewire. This has nothing directly to do with the 001 but it makes life alot easier if you can keep audio and midi in the one platform. I definitely prefer ProTools for audio editing and processing but cubase can offer some handy features. I'd personally like to run 2 G4s, one with cubase(VST instruments & Reason) and one with PTools(tracking audio) and sync them. At mixing stage, stream all midi into protools for final editing and then mixdown. Has anyone come up with a definite on the 001 dilemma ?? Cheers, Simon.

Back