Delta 66

robn

A Muse Zen
I recently bought a Delta 66 to go with my Soundblaster AWE64 Gold. I plan to use it
for digital audio and the SB just for MIDI.
How would I be able to play audio from my CD player??? The CD connects directly to the SB...the Delta 66 has no connection for this. I tried running from the SB Outs to the Delta 66 In's but didn't get anything...since the Delta 66 In's and Outs are line-input would I need a preamp between the SB Out and the Delta 66 In ??? Seems like a waste...

Thanks for your help...

you don't need a preamp
I have basically the same setup (Delta66 & SBLive Value). I have a line going from my sb out to in1/2 on the delta. On the m audio control panel, on the monitor mixer page unmute H/W In 1/2 and set the levels all the way up. On the patchbay / router page, set H/W Out 1/2 to monitor mixer.

Thanks for your reply...I'll give it a try. It still seems like a waste of inputs to have to do it this way; however, since it's just me doing all the recording, multiple input capability is not much of an issue.
Did you have any trouble installing your Delta 66? I had all kinds of trouble with mine...I have 4 empty PCI slots...when I installed into the top slot it went to IRQ12 and produced a buzzing sound with no music. The third slot down made it IRQ11 and nothing at all happened when trying to play music. The fourth slot made it IRQ12 and would reboot my PC when I tried to play music. I'm still trying to work out all the bugs...well, it keeps me busy anyway.... :)

You could probably get away with not using the inputs on the Delta cause even though the system is setup to use the Delta as the primary sound output, cd audio is still being routed to the sb card so just hook up another setup of speakers, a mixer, or some type of multiple jack so the delta and the sb can share the speakers.

Sorry to hear that you had probs with your Delta installation. I didn't have any probs whatsoever.

Since your using the Delta 66 and SB live and had "no problems" setting it up. Would you mind telling me what your system consist of. I'm getting ready to build a new DAW and would appreciate knowing what worked so well for you since the Delta 66 will be part of my next DAW sysem.

Thanks, Tom

Hardware is a p2 300, 128mbRAM, two maxtor hdd on primary ide, two cdroms (one's a burner) on secondary ide, ati agp card, delta 66, sblive value, modem, plus the usb stuff plugged into a tekram mobo. I've noticed the first pci slot shares irq11 with the agp card. The USB controller shares irq10 with the 4th pci slot. I had the Delta plugged into pci 1, the modem in pci 3, and the sblive in pci 4. I've tried moving the cards around to see what would cause a conflict and nothing yet. When I plugged the delta into pci 2, it was on the same irq as the sblive(pci4) but it still booted fine but I switched it to a diff slot just to be safe. I haven't had any probs with anything so far. My keyboard uses the midi input on the sb card but I'm planning on getting a usb midi input just to get rid of the card. I'm not too concerned about losing cd audio cause I rip a lot of my cds and mp3 'em so I can listen to music and still have my cdrom free. Although the midi synth from the sb is still working, its output is at a low volume in Cubase(I imagine because of the routing),so I don't use it.

I'm not totally lucky though. When I initially got my sblive, I used to have an ISA Basking combo audio/modem card which refused to work with another soundcard. Regardless of where I moved 'em, I could not boot into Windows. So, I settled on using one card and I expected to have the same probs with the Delta but lucked out....so far :)

[This message has been edited by nodark (edited 06-18-2000).]

Back