Delta 1010LT vs Delta 1010

e_rock

From what I can gather, the primary difference between these two cards is that the 1010 has a breakoutbox and no preamps, while the 1010LT has two preamps.

Do those of you with experience find that the breakout box is that handy for the extra money?

The breakoutbox offers balanced 1/4" connections while the the LT unit uses mainly unbalanced connections, but this won't make any difference on anything upto 20' cables.
The breakout box is nice, but if you just plug in your cables and leave them, there isn't a whole lot of advantage

I believe the converters are much nicer on the full unit... the other main difference is that the lt is unbalanced wich could be a huge issue is some situations... but %90 of the time doesn't matter

The AD converters are much better on the Breakout box. Apart from little things like that its just the fact of whether you want to keep rooting around the back of your computer plugging different cables in or not. :)

For the 1010LT, The Connections are in RCA, So you'd have to change it to 1/4 inch, or what ever your desks output is, but would that cause any loss, or interference in the sound?

- Idgeit

Idgeit said:
For the 1010LT, The Connections are in RCA, So you'd have to change it to 1/4 inch, or what ever your desks output is, but would that cause any loss, or interference in the sound?

- Idgeit

No .

The LT is a good bang for the buck...with the cost savings, you can get a snake and patch bay where your connections will be out front. If you shop carefully, you'll still come out ahead in terms of cost, if not, at least at at a wash. I have both units and that's my assessment.

I ended up going with the 1010lt. The price was right and I believe it will offer me more options than I am cabable of using right now and allow me to grow into down the road. I live in an apartment, so I can only use so many tracks at once, no drum sets in here! I was thinking that a patch bay would solve the issue of annoying cords when I got there. For now I only need 2-3 inputs at a time, and I will just keep them plugged in and within reach.

e_rock said:
I ended up going with the 1010lt. The price was right and I believe it will offer me more options than I am cabable of using right now and allow me to grow into down the road. I live in an apartment, so I can only use so many tracks at once, no drum sets in here! I was thinking that a patch bay would solve the issue of annoying cords when I got there. For now I only need 2-3 inputs at a time, and I will just keep them plugged in and within reach.

Would, say an 6 Input Snake not do the same job?
something like this,

http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/thoiw6_the_sssnake_m6_multicorekabel_prodinfo.html

Something like that ...I guess...what I have is an RCA to Phono snake....RCA at the 1010LT, the Phonos into my patch panel. For the two XLRs (since I don't need the built in 1010 pre's, I went with a couple simple XLR to Phono cables again to the patch panel...all the inputs available on the front of my rack.

Something like this....http://www.8notes.com/gear/2338.asp

and this...http://www.mediacollege.com/audio/connection/xlr-jack-mono.html

of course you'll need a patch panel with 1/4" connections as well.

Back