DAW Remote Control

Si Cassidy

Hi All,
While recently looking through adds for Control Surfaces for my Sonar x3, I came across an article on an app for iPad called V-Control Pro.
This would allow me to control, (in my case, an already set up workspace in Sonar) using an iPad touchscreen.
I have an A-500 Pro midi keyboard controller at present, which is great for what I want, as a controller when mixing, or generally at my desk.
However the thought of being able to use touch screen gadgets connected to a mic stand seemed an absolute winner, as Ive lost count of the amount of times I have banged my favoutite Guitar/Bass on my desk trying to adjust a level/slider/rotary, while playing/ recording.
Problem is: At present I am a Windows man, don't own an iPhone (Blackberry still integrates well with Outlook email, etc) nor an iPad.
Has anybody tried any of the options available in Remote DAW Control.
I do have other windows laptops, but not touchscreen, so can see a purchase of some similar description iminent.

Sonar x3 Producer, Windows 7 64 bit, Quad Core, 24 GB RAM

Last edited:
I just got an iPad and I'm starting to use the free Teamviewer.
Give a complete control of the screen of my iMac (works on Windows too) from anywhere in my house.

Back