Craziest and weirdest plugins for experimental guitar?

cutout

I've mostly been using stuff like Devi Ever pedals, but I'm interested in trying more plugins that work with GarageBand. I'm not looking for chorus or delay or any standard effects, I'm looking to truly mangle the sound so it's barely recognizable as guitar. Are there any audio units or plugins that fit this bill?

You could try taking the plugins you have to extreme lengths. There's actually a surprising amount of weird shit you can do with compressors, gates, high pass filters, etc. I almost never use chorus or delay or things of the like. The closest I come is tremolo (as long as it's arhythmic!).

If garage band supports VST or AU plugins, there's a decent free bundle from Melda Productions. There's a frequency shifter with a customizable shape that can sound pretty gnarly when provoked.

If you really wanna make a mess of things, there's always a way. Take stock in what you got and make em mad!

yep, get the soundtoys crytallizer it is super weird, and I love it probably the most musical weird plug-in out there

Try the Destroy FX Buffer Override and the Audio Damage Mayhem bundle. You may be able to find it somewhere. Those are some real manglers.

Cheers :)

Back