crackles in Cubase, E-mu 1212m PCI-e Win7

daanh2

Hi. I have an E-mu 1212m PCI-express going into a quadcore PC, windows 7. This PC is optimized for audio. Lately I've been experiencing small crackles that happen when the screen is working. I guess it's an IRQ conflict with the video card (Radeon 5750). Problem is, I can't seem to assign another IRQ to the soundcard to try this out. Can anyone help? Thanks! Daan

audigy 2 series card has faulty capacitors at bottom right hand corner (the small ones)

To fix replace with bigger caps. see youtube "creative audigy 2 crackles" posted 2014 This causes the crackles, nothing to do with drivers. The card is a very capable recording quality.

Mike

audigy 2 series card has faulty capacitors at bottom right hand corner (the small ones)

To fix replace with bigger caps. see youtube "creative audigy 2 crackles" posted 2014 This causes the crackles, nothing to do with drivers. The card is a very capable recording quality.

Mike

Interesting. Good that the guy gave several caveats that the work demands a good, fine solder iron and a fair degree of skill on the part of the operative.
But...WTF did he shit glue all over the cap leads!!?? I agree that taking out the originals is tricky and beyond noob skills but he could have just stuck the capacitor BODY to the PCB!

BTW, if anyone tries this do not do what I suspect this guy did which was solder on the cap then bend the wire over to lay the cap on the board. This can stress the solder joint and pad. Make a decent job. Bend and cut the wired to suit, THEN solder in place. Then, before you power up, go have a cup of tea/coffee, NOT beer! Go back and re-check the polarity. Check with a glass for blobs or shorts. Now power up and if all is working THEN have a beer!

Dave.

Back