Connecting Mixer...help!

AdzMeister

Hey guys, extremely sorry if this issue has been dealt with before (but I can't find it!)

Pretty much, I have an M-Audio Fast Track Pro USB Audio Interface and I'm looking into buying a small mixer. The reason being that my friends and I are starting up a fun internet radio station, just for laughs, and I need to get four microphones into the computer.

Here's where my problem starts. I have extremely basic knowledge when it comes to mixers, and I know how to send them into an interface using the stereo outputs. The issue is that the software we're using to broadcast the station only picks up signal from one input from the interface.

So, (god knows why I didn't just say this at the start) is there any way of getting a mono output from a mixer? If it helps, the mixers I have in mind are the Behringer Xenyx series, probably the 1204.

Cheers

Quickest way is to simply take just the left output of the mixer into one input of the Fast Track and pan all your mics hard left.

I did notice the L/Mono output and wondered how that could be a stereo AND mono channel at the same time. That explains it then!

Brilliant, thanks for the speedy reply. So would the right main mix fader be useless? Not that that's a problem, just getting my head around it haha

Back