Can somebody help me with my new Scarlett 6i6's recording problem? :(

soloboy

I bought new Scarlett 6i6 just couples of hours back.

and when i came back home i checked it and i found it only get's me a side panned vocal recorded (even when it's monitored)

if i plug my input (mic) into the left input channel of Scarlett, it only spits the left side panned. If i plug it in right, it only spits the right side panned :(

I can't figure it out on my own. can somebody please solve my problem?! :) !

btw i'm using MXL 990 condenser mic connected on scarlett by common XLR cable.

Are you just monitoring or recording? Are you monitoring directly from the interface? What DAW are you using? If recording, is it to a stereo or mono track? How is that track panned?

My interface has a button to monitor in mono, so when I'm recording into just one channel, I hear my voice/guitar in both sides of my headphones. If this button isn't engaged, I'll only hear it in the one channel - this is standard and useful for if you're recording two sources at once and want to monitor how it sounds in stereo.

From the Sound on Sound review: -

The MixControl software also allows for monitor muting (both independently for the left and right channels and globally), as well as monitor dimming. It is also possible to 'mono' the monitor feed, which is always useful.

Check to see if your inputs are two channel inputs or single. Just throwing the obvious out there, it seems you have two channels selected as your input, since this is a singe channel, you want to selt just one channel. That will output in both left and right but be a mono input.

I hope this helped.

Back