Cakewalk users

Kinsley

AlChuck, thanx for the info. I´ll read and do more tests...
Ed, thanx for telling me about the Cakewalk forum. I didn´t know about that.

I´d like to know if anybody has some kind of problem when playing a track on Cakewalk (Pro Audio 8) and it stops playing without any evident reason.
I think I saw a topic like this on these boards, but I couldn´t find it...

kinsley,

Stops playing? As in stops like you clicked the stop button, but if you click play again it starts up? Or does the computer freeze up?

If the former, could be because of processor/hard drive/number of tracks/number of plug-ins issue. What's your system and how many tracks and plug-ins are going?

Another possibility is interruption of the play by other events going on on your PC behind the scenes. Are you connected to a network? Is your email client open and polling for messages every few minutes? Do you have a virus checker running in the background? That kind of thing.

-AlChuck

Yeah. Like if you press stop button...
My system is AMD K6/2 500MHz, HDD 5400 rpm, 128MB RAM.
Not connect to network. Maybe the antivirus, I´ll try to disable it when running Cakewalk.
I don´t think the hardware is the problem.
In some cases I play just one track and the problem occurs. In others, I play 5 tracks and nothing happens. It´s not a regular problem, it´s kind of random, so it´s difficult to come out with a solution...

Ummmmmm..isn't there a Cakewalk forum on this BBS?

Yup, just checked. You may find more specific answers there.

Ed

Back