The best place online to get a Midiman Delta44?

memo

So far I only know sweetwater. The card will be sent overseas since I'm in Turkey so Zzounds won't work since they don't ship overseas. Anyone know any other good/reliable sites with online ordering and the capability to ship overseas?

Thanks...

I may be wrong but when I looked under midiman on their site I couldn't find the delta44, I saw the 66 but no 44. Is it just me or they don't carry it?

AlChuck -

How did you get the Delta66 for $229? I was getting ready to purchase one and I saw your message, but the site advertises for $299.

So what other cards were you considering? Are you happy with the 66?

memo,

Hmm... I assumed that if they offered the Delta 66, they'd probably have the delta 44 as well. Why not ask them? If they stock M Audio stuff, I can't imagine a reason why they wouldn't be able to get the 44 as well.

MBusby,

Ooops, I'm sorry, hope I didn't get your saliva running too much with my typo. It was $299 indeed.

I won't know whether I'm happy with it until it arrives and I get it into the new DAW I'm building, hopefully over the weekend.

Other cards I considered -- practically everything -- came thiiiiis close to ordering an Echo Mona but decided to buy a compact Behringer mixer instead and a simpler, less expensive interface. It also solved my problem of how to listen to the Sound Blaster Live that I'm using as a synth/sampler along with digital audio tracks on the other card.

-AlChuck

[This message has been edited by AlChuck (edited 05-18-2000).]

I got a Delta 66 from bayview a month ago and it went in without any problems on Athlon system and works fine right alongside a SB LIVE that i use for MIDI if that's any help. I guess i have about the same setup as ALCHUCK since i have the little behringer mixer, too.

[This message has been edited by trucker dave (edited 05-19-2000).]

memo,

The only real diff between the 44 and 66 is that the PCI card for the 44 has no S/PDIF i/o and the 66 does. Seems that for $20 difference it's probably nice to have even if right now you don't envision needing it. You might want to rent a DAT someday and do some field recording, for example -- with the digital i/o you can send it to the PC in the digital domain without converting to analog first.

trucker dave,
Just asked you a couple of questions in another thread that you mostly answered in this one... very encouraging to hear that you had no trouble with getting the Sound Blaster to coexist with the Delta 66. I am really jazzed and can't wait to get this system all together!

Back