BBE Sonic Maximizer Plugin -- Demo?

Not really, never reallly shopped for one, heard some stuff where guys that have grossly overuse them. But I was approaced about some stuff I have for sale online about a trade and this was part.

So you have low opion of the plug?

Oh and the link for the download demo no longer works ---

The plug works as it is supposed to, I have a low opinion of the process. Exciters are useless hockus pockus.

riccol said:
Oh and the link for the download demo no longer works ---
I downloaded it right before I posted the link just to make sure that it did work. I'm not sure why it didn't work for you but the plugin is pretty lame so you are not missing much.

Farview said:
The plug works as it is supposed to, I have a low opinion of the process. Exciters are useless hockus pockus.
I call BS. If you have a great performance that has a hard time standing out in a mix a maximizer can work wonders on it.
I am curious fairview, have you ever actually used one?

jake-owa said:
I call BS. If you have a great performance that has a hard time standing out in a mix a maximizer can work wonders on it.
I am curious fairview, have you ever actually used one?
I have the plugin and I used to have the hardware box. It does work as a band-aid if you tracked something badly, but it doesn't do anything that you can't do with a good parametric EQ. I am really down on the sales pitch that it will magicly fix the phase relationship of the high frequencies to add clarity to your mix (guitar rig, bass rig, PA system, car stereo, pet hippo, etc.) It is pure BS. I suppose it is useful for pulling a track out of the toilet, but the idea is to not create a track that sucks. These things are just over used and abused by people who were sold on the idea that this will make everything sound great. It really needs to stop.

For a Mastering house, yes, total crap butfor "pulling a track out of the toilet", it is useful and has it's place in the studio.

Hell, if you ever have a need for that ripping your head off your neck high sparkle on a freaky track it also comes into use. Many tools are overused but that doesn't make them useless.

Every crappy box has a use to the truely creative.

Would I buy a new one, no. Do I use mine often...no. Would I consider it in a mix, of course. If it helped the mix for sure I would.

I have used cheap Danelectro stomp boxes on vocal tracks to get a weird effect, but I wouldn't recomend buying them to use as part of your vocal chain. A broken clock is still right twice a day. It is still junk disguised as pro audio.

Back