ASIO driver help!

carlosguardia

I'm getting a MOTU 8pre next week, so I decided to go out and I got myself a PCI Firewire card, I hooked it up and connected a Firewire Audiophile that I used on my laptop (before it died) to my desktop's new FW card. I then started Sonar 6 PE and although the audio options on Sonar has the M audio FW listed, it's faded out so that I cannot select those ASIO drivers. I have a 1010lt installed on the PC and I can select-deselect those drivers, however not the FW ones. I switched to WDM and that worked in the senses that I could use both cards simultaneously, however I had a couple of dropouts on tracks that normally wouldn't dropout just with the 1010lt and ASIO. I tried the asio4all drivers but got NO audio... If I can't use the Audiophile FW and the 1010lt simultaneously it's not that serious, BUT what will happen once the 8pre arrives??!!! Any comments, suggestions, ideas, are greatly appreciated.

You cannot use the FW and LT at the same time, multiple cards is only available for delta PCI cards. You definitely will not be able to use the 8 pre and the LT at the same time.

Thanks,
I guess I'm going to mess around longer with the asio4all drivers and see if I multiple interfaces working that way... this is going to be a problem to me if I cannot sort it out because I like having the 1010lt for the outs, midi and spdif and the extra channels if I ever need more than 8 ins from the 8pre... :confused:

I would really go with one or the other, you can get an 828 for slightly more than the 8 pre and that has everything that the LT does plus the ability to add 8 more in and outs via ADAT (an ADA8000 is about $170 new). Mixing cards like will really cause nothing but problems

Thanks,
I did look into the 828mk3 and it looked awesome but I figured that some of the things that it had over the 8pre were things that I already had with the 1010lt... and unfortunately I already purchased the 8pre and it should get to Costa Rica next Monday... I have looked into getting the ADA8000 in the future so that I could record up to 16 simultaneous tracks even on the go (if I ever fix my laptop)

Oh well, I guess I should've done my homework earlier on mixing and matching sound cards... although it seemed logical to me that a pci and a firewire device would work simultaneously; yeah, logic has no part in DAW's.

Back