Anyone with experience with the ASI 6122 audio card?

THX1136

Bonehead
This kind of a long shot, but was wondering if anyone has any experience with the ASI 6122 audio card - specifically setting it up to record with the ASI Mixer app?

Here's the situation: I work for a radio station, but my experience is in studio recording and live sound. The broadcast world is a bit different. I recently upgraded the driver for the ASI 6122 card on the production computer and things seemed to work well - no immediate problems. I decided to update the driver for the same card in the "on air" computer - this is THE radio station as far as content goes. I made a huge - and ill considered assumption - that the settings associated with the old driver would carry over to the new driver. WRONG! After a couple of hours I and my manager got the radio portion working properly again. We are both unfamiliar with the ASI cards. A call to the NexGen folks helped get us back on the air. Biggest problem fixed. We also record station/show audio on this computer, as it is in our studio, which we have not been able to do - yet. The tech support with NexGen/Prophet Systems felt it was a hardware issue. My feeling it is a software issue specifically with the sound card not being set appropriately. Both I and my manager are having a difficult time figuring out the ASI Mixer app. The plan is on my end is to get a hold of ASI support, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask you folks as someone might just be able to help.

If you can help, thanks in advance!

Back