1000 bucks budget (help)

AROD

I'm planning on starting recording and I'm able to spend 1000 bucks on equipment (interface,mics,stands,daw..ect.).

Already have:
instruments
computer{planing on buying (aside from the $1000),4gb+,i5 or i7}

In need:
interface
mic(s) (warm sound and clear high's)
monitors and/or headphones(2 pairs) (as flat as possible)
DAW

P.S.
No need to give exact prices or totals or every aspect, just name good budget gear.

Thanks

What are you going to be recording (type of music, number of players, what instruments)? How many separate tracks do you need to be able to record simultaneously? (For example if recording a huge heavy metal drum set, you might want 8 - or more- separate tracks).
I'd advise you to start slowly, and not rush into a ton of 'all at once' purchases or you will be overwhelmed. You're going to need other things like cables, pop filter, mic stands.

What are you going to be recording (type of music, number of players, what instruments)? How many separate tracks do you need to be able to record simultaneously? (For example if recording a huge heavy metal drum set, you might want 8 - or more- separate tracks).
I'd advise you to start slowly, and not rush into a ton of 'all at once' purchases or you will be overwhelmed. You're going to need other things like cables, pop filter, mic stands.

To all future posters of this question. What do I need to start up a studio?, well what are you recording, how? where? when? what? lol you get the picture we have to know what your doing.

just a side note lol

I'm planning on starting recording and I'm able to spend 1000 bucks on equipment (interface,mics,stands,daw..ect.).

Already have:
instruments
computer{planing on buying (aside from the $1000),4gb+,i5 or i7}

In need:
interface
mic(s) (warm sound and clear high's)
monitors and/or headphones(2 pairs) (as flat as possible)
DAW

P.S.
No need to give exact prices or totals or every aspect, just name good budget gear.

Thanks

The more mic channels w/pres the more expensive things get. Manufactures like to toss out specs like 'sixteen channels' but only two of those channels may be inputs for mics with pres and phantom power. It also helps to know if you're going to be connecting a keyboard, guitar, etc.. MIDI can be routed in through USB so it may not need to be included in the interface.

M-Audio, Focusrite, Presonus, Native Instruments, etc. all have serviceable inexpensive interfaces. Mics are more of a religions topic but it's hard to go too far wrong with the Shure SM58. You really don't have enough room in your budget for decent monitors but you might look at Yamaha. As far as DAW software a lot of people around here are Reaper zealots. OpenLabs is offering StageLight for only ten bucks right now which I'm playing with. For two tracks I use Sony SoundForge and for more then that I like Ableton LIVE but that would ruin your budget.

I'm trying to spec out a four mic w/pre setup for under $3,500 and the exercise is kicking my ass.

Luck.

Last edited:
Back