Zoom R24 - normalize track

swarfrat

I just got an R24, been playing with it. With my bass in particular, setting the input gain low enough that it doesn't clip on slaps means I don't have enough gain to sit well in the mix once recorded. I'm really just trying to keep it from maxing out the converter. Once I have recorded the track, and I'm happy with it, can I then normalize it somehow so I have more leeway in mixing?

Also, is there a blanking function similar to "trim" but without displacing the recorded track? I don't want to shift it, just silence a region.

On the bass - use a compressor on the way in. A pedal or outboard comp would be best. You can probably set up a comp. in the R24 to deal with the bass on the way in but I can't remember how.

I'm using the compressor on the way in, but that's post ADC, hence setting the gain way down to prevent clipping on slaps. I do have an outboard compressor, but it's a rackmount andI recorded tracks while using the Zoom as a 'portable' recorder. Hence trying to boost the already recorded track.

Back