ZOOM H2 + ext mic

Creep

Milk It
Hi guys,

I'm a bit of a newb with the H2. Just wanted to know if this is possible, and if so, if anyone can tell me how to do it (google searches haven proven fruitless so far)

I'm using my Zoom as an overhead for my drums - I also have a kick drum microphone. Am I able to connect the kick drum microphone to the Zoom so that the Zoom acts as both an overhead and a kick drum mic?

Cheers!

Yep, should be able to - certainly can on the H4 - i'm not really familiar with the H2. What inputs does it have? On the H4 it's simply a matter of arming the external mics AS WELL as the built in ones.

Yep, should be able to - certainly can on the H4 - i'm not really familiar with the H2. What inputs does it have? On the H4 it's simply a matter of arming the external mics AS WELL as the built in ones.

Thanks a lot for your reply Moley. It has a LINE IN and EXT MIC IN. I've got it in the latter one currently, but not sure how to arm it. Do you know how I could do this, or if I have to configure it a certain way? Maybe the way you do it on an H4 will help? I'll have a google search now too.

Hi, had the (slightly unfortunate!) surprise of working with one today (thinking it was going to be a H4!)
You simply need to change the mode so that it's recording from that input + the built in - I think the H2 calls this "multitrack"
If you just check through the menu I'm sure you'll find it (as well as giving any suspicious hardware controls a go). There aren't a ton of options to play with, so I'm certain you'll be able to find it. Otherwise, i'm sure there'd be extensive documentation/FAQ on the net, it would be one of the more commonly used features of the H2. Have you got the manual?

I do, but it's telling me that as soon as the external mic is activated, the built in mics are deactivated. :( Sounds like this is a no go. I'll do some more research and post back!

Back