Zero Latency Monitoring Heaven - Firestudio 26x26

Obi-Wan zenabI

Zero Latency Monitoring Setup - Firestudio 26x26

My monitoring needs outgrew my Firepod -- which never otherwise let me down -- and picked up a Firestudio 26x26 on craigslist. The control software allows me to set up all the routing within the rack unit itself. The settings get stored in flash memory in the Firestudio, and I can switch off my Win 7 computer entirely and the monitoring still happens. So, zero latency, and at least 8 outputs -- not sure how many of the ADAT outputs can be accessed this way, but 8 is plenty for me!

I'm running my keyboards into my old firepod as a keyboard mixer, so that 2 channels of the Firestudio are dedicated keyboard ins. Same with my V-Drums, Handsonic, and eventually two OH mics on the acoustic kit, run into one of those dinky mixers. So two dedicated channels for Percussion. That leaves four channels. The two Hi-Z's for Bass and Guitar DI, and two vocal mics. All individually monitor able with zero latency, and all permanently plugged into record whenever inspiration strikes.

I'm really very excited, having begun construction on this studio a full decade ago. It's now really complete and ready to use for all its intended purposes.

https://homerecording.com/bbs/gener...yboard-mouse-snake-wiring-replacement-386986/

[edit] I realized that my old firepod can only work as a standalone mono mixer, and not stereo. So I'm now running keys direct into the fire studio. Still psyched!

Last edited:
Back