yamaha MG 12/4 to M-Audio Delta 44

blarg

I'm looking to start a home studio through the computer. I saw somebody (I don't remember who) recommend the Yamaha MG12/4 to the M-Audio Delta 44 using the I/O coming from the individual channels of the mixer. This is my first option. So I guess my question is, how well does that work, and do you get four simultaneous tracks going into the PC? I would also like to hear some thoughts on MiniDisc recording and how well that works to transmit the data to PC. My third option is a Behringer ADA8000, which has 8channel XLR/TRS inputs and then has an ADAT output. I first need to find a decently priced card that can connect to the PC and has an ADAT interface. I'm recording a sort of Jazz/Funk style with acoustic drums, and sometimes electric drums. Anyway, all I really NEED, is to send about four to six tracks at a time (I can record rhythm section first, then the melodic section seperately). Sorry so lengthy, I've just been doing so much research and getting almost nowhere, so I needed to ask some professionals in the field who have either used, or heard about these different options. All input is greatly appreciated.

The MG and the 44 work well for me.
If you want 8 inputs, skip the adat have a look at the Presonus Firepod for $600.
If you really want adat, you'll need something like at emu1212 card to go with the ada8000

but with the MG and 44, do the tracks go in simultaneously, or is it just one stereo input.

Back