Yamaha DS2416

FourEyesRock

Hey you guys out there. I just found out i have the chance to get ahold of a yamaha ds2416 with the ax44 expansion unit (4 ins and outs) now im debating whether to go for the yamaha or the Echo Layla 24/96. Ive heard good reviews on both and have also noticed that the yamaha is superior to the echo. Question is is if its worth buying this yamaha. I mean if there isnt a big difference between consoles then il save the extra 80 bucks and get the echo. i plan to use many ins and outs when i record...any help or opinions on the matter?

Hi:
I don't know about the Layla, but I have one DS2416+AX16-AT combined with a Yamaha 01V+MY8-AT and I love this setup. I can digitally record eight simultaneous mono tracks (or four stereo tracks) without any problems using Sonar 2XL.
The power of the DS2416 is in their mixer section (I use C-Console to take control of the mixer). I generally not need to use any plugin inside Sonar and I make all in the DS mixer, with Dynamics, EQ, automation etc (in all channels, of course).
When I can make the money, I will buy a second card, to make a system with 16 channel simultaneous recording and 32 channels simultaneous playback.
If you have a digital mixer with ADAT card, I recommend you buy the AX16AT, not the AX44.
Good luck!

Back