Would you believe it if I told you that the best audio software on earth is free?

jake-owa

Banned
Believe it! So far I have heard of people stacking over 100 24/48 tracks with under 15% cpu usage. It's based on Vegas or at least everything good about Vegas. It is one of the few recorders that will work flawlessly with my MOTU and 64 bit laptop. The closest contender in stability for me is Sonar5 at $600.

Get the multitracker and use it. Then go to the forum and tell the makers what you thnk. Help these guys troubleshoot any problems and make it even better.

http://www.cockos.com/reaper/download.php

I'm a bit confused.....you want me to download the best audio software on the planet, use it and go tell the makers how to make it better? And it's already the best?

Malfunction....does not compute! :eek: :D

I have a feeling that there may be other things that your computer can't compute... :rolleyes:

It's called product development. With any new software there are bound to be issues, I haven't found any but it's gonna happen. Plus if there's something you could improve about it then you can actually get in on the ground floor (well, more like the third story) and help make it more to your liking.

You dig? Best does not mean perfect.

Yeah, they don't have sarcasm inAmerica.

Sounded more like scepticism to me. That's fine but give it a run and torture test it. Compare the results to your favorite app and get back to the makers. they deserve the feedback and unless you are a MIDI head I would bet you switch.

I loved Vegas till it wouldn't work with my MOTU. Sonar works but costs an arm and a leg to use legally. This is not just a workable alternative but better than Vegas if a little rough looking. Stability and sound quality are everything and this app has both.

Looks interesting.It's telling me "Error creating audio,please re-run the configuration" on my crappy,win 98,soundblaster,internet machine I'm on now.I'll give it a try on my recording computer when I can.
I love freeware!

I can sure see why it's free. When I want to edit a wave I don't want to play "Where's Waldo" to find the right tools. Compared to Adobe Audition ,the Reaper software is just plain lame.

Maybe you should continue with Adobe- but this might provide an interesting addition/enhancement to workflow? Might be able to 'find' a usable tool in there?

pandamonk said:
Why don't you email the guys saying what's lacking. It seems good enough for free.
Thank god for people who actually have their heads screwed on right!

Some of you guys talk some right shit! :D

beezelbubba said:
Looks interesting.It's telling me "Error creating audio,please re-run the configuration" on my crappy,win 98,soundblaster,internet machine I'm on now.I'll give it a try on my recording computer when I can.
I love freeware!
Well, I couldn't get it to work with my stock crappy laptop chip either but it seems to work great with my laptop and MOTU.

Ok, so I may just possibly be guilty of exaggerating a bit to push this product into development..a little.

But look, if you aren't the type who can figure out where tools are in this 3rd grade simple interface you should consider finding a new hobby. It's simple, sounds good, runs solid and seems to be FREE. Help these guys get it worked out and do something productive for a change.

Load it on your recording machine and do some tracking with it, you may be surprised. It runs lean which is a big deal these days.

If something is not working, post the problem at the forum, you will get help fast.

jake-owa said:
But look, if you aren't the type who can figure out where tools are in this 3rd grade simple interface you should consider finding a new hobby.
The point is that an interface should be intuitive and you should not have to "fiure out" where the tools are. They should be in a tool bar right out in the open not hidden in some sub menu. You are right about it being a 3rd grade interface. I also recieved error messages and it would not recognize my M-Audio soundcard. After fighting with it for several minutes it finally worked. That software has a long way to go before it will be useable. But if you want to use buggy software be my guest and I'll stick to software that works .
I would rather pay for a steak than eat a free shit sandwich.

Back