would like to record then transfer to laptop via Tascam DP02 or DP03? or Zoom

Chammy

I've searched a great of these forums looking for info but nothing yet, so therefore I will pop the question. I would like to do simple recordings but on something I might need some headroom later. I have been checking out the Tascam porta studios and I've been eye balling the DP02 and or DP03. I'm interested in the 03 since its a bit more up to date and not as many problems as the 02 . But then I have been interested in the Zoom R8 and R16. What I would like to do with the recordings is do the recordings , whether it be something simple as a 2 to 3 track sketch, then transfer it somehow to my computer laptop to mix or touch up. I know the Zooms can be used as interfaces but do I really need them? I guess I am looking for a console, simple sorta, that has a way I can transfer recordings to the computer/laptop to mix and master. I have the Roland VS840 (yes , very obsolete now ) and it didn't have anything I could use to transfer to a computer source. I don't want to use a breakout box like the Firewire, for example, cause I tried it already and it's nothing but pain. In short, something that will transfer to a computer without having to play the recording into a box that is hooked up to a computer. I'd much rather use a memory card of some sort. Unless one of the consoles has a way to connect to the computer solely for that purpose. I was thinking of using an IPad but sources say there is not much headroom or memory for making digital recordings onto it or for editing. Right now I am using the iTouch to do guitar sketches and ideas.

Back