Windows XP & Delta...

delphonic

I am having problems getting my Delta 1010 to work properly in Windows XP and Samplitude.
Here's a breakdown - I installed (on a new box/HD) Windows XP Professional Version 2002. I installed the new Delta Drivers from the M-Audio site, and then installed Samplitude Studio 6.0.

In XP I can hear system sounds & windows media will play fine...etc. In the Audio/Sounds setup the only options listed for the Delta are:
M-Audio Delta 1010 Mulitchannel
M-Audio Delta 1010 1/2
M-Audio Delta 1010 3/4
M-Audio Delta 1010 5/6
M-Audio Delta 1010 7/8
M-Audio Delta 1010 S/PDIF

No differentiation between 'inputs' & 'outputs'. When I was running Windows 98 the inputs & outputs were listed seprately. Does anyone know why XP isn't recognizing all the in's/out's on my 1010? Also, I've read a few things about the different types of drivers and versions of Windows (ASIO, WDM, ...etc). I'm fairly ignorant on this subject, so any explanation there would also be appreciated.

When I open Samplitude I can record sounds using "M-Audio Delta 1010 1/2" or any of the 'inputs', but I get an error message when I try playback. It can't decifer where to sent the audio, and "M-Audio Delta 1010 Mulitchannel" doesn't work. Obviously, like in my previous 98 setup, I'd like to be able to decide where to send the individual tracks by selecting individual outputs.

I've read a few forums about Samplitude that mention setting the Device Resolution/Driver Communication to 16 bit. If I do this does this mean I can only record & playback in 16bit? Is there a way I can record in 24? This would be preferred.

Ok... any help is GREATLY appreciated. I've been in contact with M-Audio support and their only solution so far has been to try the old drivers with fresh uninstall & install... all of which I've tried. I also updated my XP with Service Pack 1. I'm losing my mind.

Thanks guys!

Mat

in XP are you talking about the 'Control Panel - Sounds and Devices - Audio' on mine I see "Sound Recording" and "Sound Playback" listed seprately, I run Sonar3 so I don't know about your setting in Samplitude Studio.

Delphonic, I'm not at home so I can't walk you through the setup yet, but i'll send you a PM with some instructions before my day is through. I've got a similar setup and ran a demo version of Samplitude with no problems just last week. I had some similar problems initially, but figured it out in a few minutes. I'll get some info off to you sooner vs later. Gotta get home & situated first.

diendolo

Back