Windows 2000 - Please help!

MBusby

I am about to upgrade to Windows 2000 Professional, and I am currently running Cakewalk, ACID, and other programs on Windows 98 2E. I am using the Delta 66, which I understand offers 2000 drivers. I also plan on purchasing a MIDIMAN interface, which is compatible with 2000 (I believe).

So my question...Will these same programs I am currently running with 98 work with Windows 2000? How can I check my current software for compatibility?

THANK YOU!!!

you should be fine

I recently built a system for all around use, including recording. I went with Win2k Proffesional and Cakewalk 9 runs fine on it as do other various sound utilities. Now there are some programs that just flat out won't work with Win2k, especially if you choose to go with the NTFS option instead of the FAT32 system. I went with NTFS which is the recommended choice, and still have had no problems whatsoever, even with (as some members on this board would have you to believe) my highly incompatible, P.O.S. AMD T-Bird chip. I say go ahead with Win2k. I'ts been a very pleasurable experience so far.

WATCH OUT!!!

I have a Delta44 and Win2k. I cant get the drivers (which are BETA) to work enough to record more than 2 tracks at a time. And I have a very powerful PC. Be very careful. If you are currently using the Delta and another OS and it's working, stick with it. If you haven't bought the Delta yet, do some shopping aroung for a company who will support 2000.

Yes, worry less about software and more about hardware. Somewhere on the MS site, and I believe on the Win2K disk, is a utility that will scan your system (both hardware and software) to help you spot any obvious things that won't work. You might also look on your own for compatibility information from hardware and software vendors.

I'm am amazed by Windows 2000 so far. I've been using it heavily for several months on several machines and I can honestly say that it's a winner. In fact I'm a little suprised....there's been a service pack available for several months now and I have no desire whatsoever to install it. Crazy! :)

Slackmaster 2000

OK....I installed Windows 2K - it's really flying. I highly recommend it. No problems so far - updated all the latest drivers. Delta works, software works...

Thanks for all the help!

Back