Windows 10 Problems

JDOD

therecordingrebels.com
I "upgraded" to Windows 10 today... my Line6 TonePort UX2 appears to have shat itself. Can't get anything to make any sound... very, very annoying. Anyone got any ideas?

Did some googling and found loads of people whinging about Line6's driver support. Logged into their website and found the correct drivers exactly where you'd expect them to be in the support section of their website.

I've always been impressed with Line 6 in this regard - I bought a UX2 TonePort off them about 8 years ago for 150quid and their support has remained excellent through about 3 computers and loads of reinstalls.

Well, you're lucky you waited until now because the first weeks after Win10 came out the L6 users were sh!tting bricks. It took a couple of Win10 updates before L6 released their updated drivers.

man, i´m happy for you, JDOD. when i switched to Win10 my Pod HD Pro drivers just went senile and it took a couple of weeks and Win10 updates until it got somewhat stable again. but now i got me an extra interface so i wouldn´t be dependent on L6 drivers or their support. i haven´t had much good experience with them so far, sadly.

I had problems with Win10s performance itself. My low-end computer that I used for live audio couldn't keep up even with pretty much every feature disabled.

Had to switch to Linux. It's running great now. Amazing how many cycles you can save without a GUI!

Back