Win2000 Upgrade Problems

KingNothing

Hey hey. I just upgraded to Windows 2000 and must say, I like it a lot better than 98. I have one problem however.

When I was running 98, I had 2 soundcards. The Event Gina as my main sound out, and some turtle beach just to connect internally to the cd player and dvd so I would have sound coming out when I play games, watch movies etc. The problem is that with the upgrade to Win2K, I needed to install new Event drivers, which say that installing more than one sound card will cause conflicts. So, I now no longer have the turtle beach installed, and nothing is connected internally to the cd player or dvd. What I need to know is: is it it possible to connect the Gina to the cd player (i dont think it is) or how can i get back to the setup where I was able to hear sound from my cd player and dvd.

Thank you.

Does win2k support hardware profiles?

Where you choose the hardware profile you want at boot? That way you have two physical cards installed, but only one of them gets "read" in each session?
Works great in 95/98 for resolving irq conflicts etc.

That brings up another problem. I used the turtle beach to connect internally to the dvd as described above. But then, in turn, it sent the sound to the event gina, which sent it to the receiver and out the speakers. So, basically I need both cards to be fully operational simultaneously, and having one not functioning during a particular session wont work.

I think I'll just install the Turtle beach and see what happens. That works right along with my motto: Ill deal with it later.

As always with the MS (or any) software I can stand to be corrected.

Do you have the upgraded driver for Win 2000? I do believe that at the time of release that alot of the hardware and companies waited until 2000 was available before udated drivers came out. What worked for NT 4.0 or 98 wouldn't work
with 2000. I would check the main sites for upgrades and go from there.

I have NT 4 w/sp5 and am waiting until everybody is somewhat on the same page.

Hey guys. I'm having another problem with this windows 2000 setup. When I right click on my C drive and do properties, it instantly restarts everytime. It also does this when I tried to run Audiograbber. Its real weird. Any ideas as to why it does this? Solutions? Thanks.

Back