Will this hardware work well with cubase 8.5? Thank you. I don't want to buy before

superfluidity

CybertronPC Rhodium 950 X8 Gaming Desktop - AMD FX-8300 3.30GHz Octa-Core Processor, 16GB DDR3 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX950 (2GB GDDR5) Graphics,1TB HDD, DVDRW, Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-Bit

CybertronPC Rhodium 950 X8 Gaming Desktop - AMD FX-8300 3.30GHz Octa-Core Processor, 16GB DDR3 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX950 (2GB GDDR5) Graphics,1TB HDD, DVDRW, Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-Bit

Any modern system should be able to run Cubase efficiently. How you setup your PC and the interface you use will have more to do with performance.

Do you have an interface in mind?

hi Jimmys69,
I currently am using
Motu UltraLite MK3
Boss BR1600
Boss DR-880
Axiom 61
Kathy Wingert Acoustic
I have Cubase 6 and am upgrading
7.1 surround (which I am also looking for)
I am usng Vista 32 bit which is why I need to upgrade to a new desktop 64 bit

Thanks for your help, btw 17,000 posts, wow!

hi Jimmys69,
I currently am using
Motu UltraLite MK3
Boss BR1600
Boss DR-880
Axiom 61
Kathy Wingert Acoustic
I have Cubase 6 and am upgrading
7.1 surround (which I am also looking for)
I am usng Vista 32 bit which is why I need to upgrade to a new desktop 64 bit

Thanks for your help

I feel you will be fine man.

Windows 10 has reared some ugly issues with users of older VST's/audio cards but that is just to be expected if the developers are not supporting yet.

In the end, you can always move forward. Also you could dual boot with Vista (sorry I have to chuckle there a bit as it was a nightmare for many), but passing Windows 7 concerns me a bit.

I would say take the plunge and see what happens. At worst you will have a capable PC with a few things that annoy you. You will at least be able to move forward in a productive way. :)

Ha! You are not the first person to tell me Vista was a bad decision. Also the 32 bit bad decision, but hey live and learn. I am sure we will both remember this when we are told we should have gotten 128 bit instead of 64 bit or 256 bit, and a yottabyte hard drive. Heck now that I think of it, I was an engineer at GE and using IBM punch cards (that was before the 286), every step is a journey my friend. But yea, I have been reading the Windows 10 nightmare, how does microsoft get away with releasing untested stuff, I just don't know. Thanks man. I guess I will order the desktop, now to find a mid-range 7.1 surround sound system for it.

Ha! You are not the first person to tell me Vista was a bad decision. Also the 32 bit bad decision, but hey live and learn. I am sure we will both remember this when we are told we should have gotten 128 bit instead of 64 bit or 256 bit, and a yottabyte hard drive. Heck now that I think of it, I was an engineer at GE and using IBM punch cards (that was before the 286), every step is a journey my friend. But yea, I have been reading the Windows 10 nightmare, how does microsoft get away with releasing untested stuff, I just don't know. Thanks man. I guess I will order the desktop, now to find a mid-range 7.1 surround sound system for it.

I have heard many having only small issues with Windows 10. The ones with the big issues are usually the ones trying to use outdated software with it.

Just a thought, you could get an OEM copy of W7 to possibly avoid some of the upgrade issues...

That's awesome!!

Does Cubase do 7.1?? I think it only does 5.1 and you need the full blown version to do so.

Honestly I'd pull the video card out of that machine for fear that the fans would make too much noise. That CPU should be more than capable of handling graphics duties as well as background processes and audio chores (as well as contributing to the SETI project and modelling weather patterns and nuclear reactions for the DoD :D ). If the video card is smart about using its fans and lets them idle/stop when its not under load, then it'll be fine. DAWs and desktop graphics aren't much of a bother for a 3D card that's designed for contemporary 3D gaming. As long as its quiet when its cool, then all is good. But at the first sign of fan noise, I'd yank it out of there.

You might also find it useful to replace some of the chassis fans with quiet models (the bigger the better) to avoid excessive fan noise in the room while you're trying to record with any uber-sensitive microphones.

I've been recording on Win10 Pro x64 for almost a year now, and I have no complaints. As long as your interface manufacturer is on top of things and keeps their drivers up to date (and you download and install them), then you should be fine.

Thanks Tadpui, I will take your advice but for me it shouldn't be a concern as I am doing all of my recording with the BR1600 in the recording room (spare bedroom of course). But I will look into the video card anyway, now that you mention it, maybe I should keep looking. More audio and less video. Let me look into dedicated DAW computers for the same range, but I fear that could be hard to find though. Thanks.

Oh, well if your computer isn't sharing the same room with your microphones, ,then it isn't much of an issue. I mean, quiet computers are always a good thing, but not mission critical if it's in a totally different room than your recording space.

Before I built my audio computer, I looked around and there weren't a lot of companies making audio-focused machines. Sweetwater has their Creation Station line, but they're pretty expensive. I took that as a model though, and was able to build something comparable for less than half the price.

Thanks Tadpui, I will take your advice but for me it shouldn't be a concern as I am doing all of my recording with the BR1600 in the recording room (spare bedroom of course). But I will look into the video card anyway, now that you mention it, maybe I should keep looking. More audio and less video. Let me look into dedicated DAW computers for the same range, but I fear that could be hard to find though. Thanks.

I am just curious about your recording room 'spare bedroom'. Have you addressed the room acoustics there?

ADK is another company that makes audio specific computers. My last few have been ADK, and I've never had a problem.

Back