who has seen the new delta 1010 light?

It looks like the 1010 card without the breakout box(es).

Is that the only difference?

The light version has two preamps.

I was glancing at the specs and it has a slightly lower dynamic range than the rackmount 1010

It seems more like an enhanced version of the delta 66. The dynamic range is the same as the 66.
I think depending on your internal computer noise you gain more dB than the 11 or so dB difference between the lite and regular versions of the 1010 so I would recommend against going with the nonrackmount version.

Also it dosn't have ballanced inputs.

I have a delta 44 right now and I want more inputs for recording drums and live stuff. Midi is also something else on my list.

Can't wait to see the price on this card.

If I get one I think I might lose the RCA connectors, or asleast go from the RCA directly into a patch bay.

I want to beable to take 12-16 channels when recording live.
12 would give me enough for most stuff (I would kill the mics on toms if I need to take more stuff)
1.. Kick
2.. Snare
3.. OH l
4.. OH r
5.. tom
6.. tom
7.. tom
8.. Voc1
9.. Voc2
10 Gtr1
11 Gtr2
12 Bass

Sounds great for my uses. Use the 44 for the sound crtical stuff when I want ballanced inputs and the 1010LT for more channels captain, more channels stuff. But first I need to build a better computer with a stripped RAID(2x 7200 RPM) for audio. By the I can afford to buy all that and get a 1010LT. The drivers should be mature.

Back