when the going gets tuff!

bhlewis

I NEED TO KNOW HOW MANY OF YOU ARE RECORDING SEVERAL THINGS AT ONCE. I PLAN TO MIC A SET OF DRUMS (WHICH WOULD BE 8 INPUTS) THIS WEEK I AM WONDERING IF MY PUTER WILL HOLD UP. HOW MANY OF YOU ARE RECORDING 8 OR 10 PIECES SIMULTANEOUSLY. I HOPE TO MIC DRUMS AND LAY A RYTHMN GUITAR AND BASS AT THE SAME TIME. MY SET UP IS AS FOLLOWS. INTEL 733MHZ P3 384 PC133 MEG RAM 7200 RPM ATA 100 HDS, CW PA9.03, FOSTEX VM 200 DIGITAL CONSOLE CONNECT VIA LIGHTPIPE TO A FRONTIER WAVECENTER PCI CARD. I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR SOME OF YOU GUYS EXPERIENCES WITH MULTIPLE INPUTS AT ONCE. THANKS

Your computer should be able to handle that no problem. Try it and see is the real test though.

I record 7 tracks of drums and 1 track of electric scratch with no difficulty. PIII 800, 7200 rpm drives.

Your gear is good as your PC is fairly powerful and you have a fast hard drive so as Emeric says (and he is rarely wrong hehe) you really shouldnt have any problems. Miking up many miks on drums is common and most project studios that use PCs rather than Macs use PCs of about the same power as yours.

I am running a PIII 733 Mhz, with a single 7200 RPM HDD and 512 Mb memory and a Delta 1010. I've done six tracks simultaneously without a hiccup (24 bit, 44.1 Sample rate). I wouldn't imagine you would have any problem.

Back