What's your Windows Mixer setting?

Alanfc

Hello-

I have been wondering about this-want to make sure I'm not shorting myself on input levels. My Edirol UA-5 soundcard/box has an "Input sensitivity" knob that I've been using to control input levels. (I don't have a problem achieving hi levels.) I also have Cakewalk HS XL and do not use an external mixer .

But I want to know if the Windows Mixer Record level can affect everything. Like independently of my soundcard. I figure that if its set at 0 there will be no input and if its set at the max thats probably bad.

Right now mine's set at the the default of like 3 ticks or something. Could I be missing out on some sound quality here?

Thanks

Thanks alot James- one other unrelated thing-I was trying to find an answer to the hi-z, lo-z question with my New SM-57, and noticed several threads where you asked this but never got any answer (that I could find) Did it ever get resolved? You were so patiently asking but.... oh well

Guess this could be a computer/soundcard question eh:
My Edirol UA-5 has a choice of Hi-z or LO-z XLR input but my SM-57 says "Lo-z" on it. What do I dooooo ????? I don't want to injure my soundcard. Their diagrams all say use the "Hi-Z" for microphones though...

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Back