whats a solid older model multitrack (4) recorder i can buy online for about $200 ?

60ndown

not sure im ready to spend $400 on the zoom r16,

in the last 48 hours ive seen MANY multitrack digital recorders for sale on the www from $100 up

i just want 4 (or more, live band) simultaneous tracks to import into garage band and mess with / master a little before burning mp3s.

what would $200 get me? :o

I've used the Tascam porta studio with much success. However, you would have to check on the model to make sure it will do 4 simultaneous tracks as many of the digital models of that size don't. The model I used was an analog one, Tascam Porta 2 (late 80's vintage) with cassette tapes.

If you're able to throw in another $100.00, you may want to consider a used ProTools Digi 02 as you would be able to do 8 simultaneous tracks (4 XLR, 4 1/4in) That's assuming you have a computer that is able to interface with protools.

Good luck. Let me know if I can answer anything else.

Felix

not sure im ready to spend $400 on the zoom r16,

in the last 48 hours ive seen MANY multitrack digital recorders for sale on the www from $100 up

i just want 4 (or more, live band) simultaneous tracks to import into garage band and mess with / master a little before burning mp3s.

what would $200 get me? :o

Keep your eyes on your local craigslist and ebay, for under $200 you are only going to find a well-used recorder that has 4 simultaneous inputs. On the other hand, if you can live with 2 tracks at a time, there'll be plenty of choices (want to buy a used Boss BR600?)

looks like the boss br600 sells for about $250+ and is 2 channels simultaneous, for about an extra $100 i can get the zoom r16 (used).. it really is a no brainer, i need to not be a cheap ass on this one and buy the r16 ...... 8 simultaneous would be so awesome for recording our band....

Keep your eyes on your local craigslist and ebay, for under $200 you are only going to find a well-used recorder that has 4 simultaneous inputs. On the other hand, if you can live with 2 tracks at a time, there'll be plenty of choices (want to buy a used Boss BR600?)

Take a look at the Fostex MR-8. I sold mine last year for about $80 because I upgraded to the Zoom R16. The MR-8 had a USB out making it easy to record and dump tracks to my DAW.

Take a look at the Fostex MR-8. I sold mine last year for about $80 because I upgraded to the Zoom R16. The MR-8 had a USB out making it easy to record and dump tracks to my DAW.

great to read this, i won a fostex Mr8 hd/cd on e bay 24 hours ago for $130 shipped.

Good luck with it. The reason I went with the Boss unit a few years ago is because I had heard some negative things about recorders with hard drives: 1) noisy) 2) HD crashes.

Back