what is S/PDIF

six

i just compared the soundblaster live! value to the sb live! player 1024... the only difference seems to be that thing called S/PDIF out (or was it IN?). now, what is this and what is it good for?

S/PDIF it's a digital input, so anything else that has a s/PDIf input or output can exchage data with the card.

S/PDIF is the so-called "consumer" digital I/O port - pro gear usually passes digital I/O thru AES/EBU.

They are essentially 2 different protocols for the transmission of digital I/O.

Bruce Valeriani
Blue Bear Sound

S/PDIF

S/PDIF-The consumer standard for digital audio transfers. Can be in electrical form (with RCA connectors) or optical form.

s/pdif

in case you were wondering or even cared for that matter s/pdif stands for: sony/philips digital interface.

Brett

NO SHIT!?

I was curious about that, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Where did you hear that ?
COOL, T.

yo! T...

I don't remember exactly where i read that. Somewhere during my countless hours of reading "informative" articles and what not on the "net". Man! My brain is friiiiied!

FRIED INDEED

I hear ya brother! It ain't easy to eat, sleep, and breath this shit so that you understand it, plus hold a 7-3 job, But we will survive this.:rolleyes:

Back