What recording/mixing software are you using?

What recording software are you using?

• Sound Forge

Votes: 62 5.9%
  • N-Track

Votes: 32 3.0%
  • Ableton Live

Votes: 65 6.2%
  • Sonar Studio

Votes: 46 4.4%
  • Sonar Producer

Votes: 163 15.5%
  • Pro Tools

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • Cubase

Votes: 271 25.8%
  • Tracktion

Votes: 25 2.4%
  • Digital Performer

Votes: 21 2.0%
  • Logic Pro

Votes: 87 8.3%
  • Image Line

Votes: 24 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 333 31.7%

• Total voters
Cakewalk PA9 for multitrack editing. Soundforge for two buss stuff. If it ain't broke, why fix it?

Protools LE, for about 3 years now. Bit of Cakewalk Home Edition (or something like that) before that, and when I got a chance to sneak into my school's studio, Protools TDM. *drools* Mmmm, TDM.

Main DAW:
Digital Performer

Other stuff:
BIAS Deck (older projects)
BIAS Peak (trimming the ends and normalizing that last fraction of a dB)
Sound Studio (folding 5.1 mixes down to stereo)
Audacity (random stuff here and there)

Cubase SX3,,, Dont think i will ever need anything else !!!

Mind you,, i said that 2 yrs ago when i got SX2.

No,, not really, although to be fair to them, yamaha hasnt been in charge for long.
Dont forget ,, steinberg were in the process of changing over to pinnicle,s way of doing things, and then all of a sudden,,, yamaha buys out the lot.
There are a lot of corporate changes and huge business initiatives to get up and running before yamaha gets to make any solid changes to cubase.

There are still the occassional bugs that turn up in sx 3 although they have got patches together for most of them. The eagerly awaited and some say,, long overdue,, sx4 will be with us sometime this year, but as with most of steinbergs products, there is always going to be the initial bugs and growing pains found in any new software.
I do think that once yamaha gets steinberg up on its feet again , i can see cubase becoming the software of choice. We all know of yamahas fantastic quality, innovative designs and customer support and everyone is hoping that it will eventually lead to a new cubase that is bug free,, runs smoothly, and appeals to newcomers as well as hardened musicians and studio engineers alike.
I am sure they will be making changes for the best when they get going.

Thanks rxkevco. I was wondering how people felt after Yamaha bought them out. It will be interesting to see what develops with it after a while. We can all hope it is for the better!

Back