What Daw Do You Use

How many people use a daw is not a good reason.

You pick a daw for it's features, stability and mainly how well YOU get along with it's workflow.

It doesn't matter what you use as long as you make something with it.

I use now Cubase 7 because it didn't really change my workflow from Nuendo 3. I chose to do that because I like buying full versions and my old hardware don't work on the windows 7 machine ( 3 cards of Event EZ8 adat running XP and dual boot Ubuntu Studio) I'm eventually will try to see if Vista will work with my cards since Nuendo still works in Vista, but for the upgrade, I rather buy another full version instead of upgrading my software I got in 2003. I'm running my cuebase on my 2006 mac pro with no problems. But I am using other interfaces with it but I still don't like firewire. I've worked with protools, certified a long time ago with that software (had to for work). I have tried sonar and logic too, but I prefer the steingburg's layout, editing features and workflow. eventually the mac will get an SSL MADI card to achieve the pro step in that studio setup.

Had Cubase 5 but didn't really use it much. Switched to the Sonar X series (which again I've not used as much as I'd like) for Pro Channel and for collaborating with a friend. He was on Pro Tools and both jumped ship to Sonar at the same time.

I started with Cake ProAudio 8. At the time overwhelmed with options and features I didn't even know what questions I should be wondering about let alone have some preference(!). looking at Cubase and 'cake, the guy said well Cake seems to have better documentation'. Talk about a 'shot in the dark.. :rolleyes:

Back