What DAW do you use?

What DAW do you use ??

• Total voters
+1 very cool DAW that i ever know

But still, man behind the gun is the key. DAW is only canvas. :)

After a 30 plus year lay off I re-discovered my guitars and home recording DAW's. I researched and found Studio One had marketed their S1 Artist on You Tube. I purchased the Presonus Audio Box kit based on the video. I found it was so simple and easy to laydown tracks and record my insteruments. I can't see changing only upgrading.

Howie

https://soundcloud.com/howard-randall-3

I use FL Studio... I'm a folk style player. That may seem odd, but it actually works out pretty well so far. I'm looking forward to FL 64bit/

It doesn't seem odd to me. I also use it for styles that are somewhat of a leap from the typical electronic styles it's known for.

I'm actually very curious, considering it is the only DAW I own, how it is perceived by other producers. It is well known that FL Studio has been held back by its former name, which has a less-than-professional ring to it. I still know people today that call it a "beat maker" and fail to recognize it as a fully functional DAW. Other factors, such as its ease of use and its reputation for being widely pirated don't seem to help either.

So what I'm trying to ask is... Am I just shooting myself in the foot hoping I can use FL Studio on any sort of professional level?

My Mom would tell me " wish in one hand and shit in the other and see what fills up first "
This poll will IMO be quite redundant. Been done before. Cubase and Reaper seem to be the most used in this forum (based by my frequenting of the site). It does not mean that other DAW's are not worthy. The best thing about 'Home Recording', is having the chance to find what works for each individual. Industry standard is the equivalent of your mom telling you how to amuse yourself....

Had used Reaper for years... now using PT. I still use Reaper for some things, but most of my mixing now is done in PT, and ill use Audacity for audio cleanup(such as noise reduction) and such.

lol "things...and stuff" -Rick Grimes

I use Logic, Ableton, Studio One, FL Studio and Reaper. Each DAW has it's strengths and weaknesses. But I'd have to say with Reaper at $60, its very good piece at software at an awesome price. Next up I'd say Logic. A very comprehensive packed piece of software with great instruments, plugins and audio effects. But you'll need a Mac.

Apple support has been very good for when i had problems with logic.I have logic on two computers for the price of one($199) They allow you to put it on 5 home computers for the price of one.For quick ideas i fire up Audacity and run my Korg Kronos line level Left andd Right into my audio inter face in to audacity to make a quick backing track,then i grab one of my many Native American flutes and start playing against the track

What daw do you use ?
I,ve been using Sonar 7 producer. I bought a sapphire pro40 & it came with Ableton Live, but I don't care for it too much. It seems to be designed for sampling & not so much for recording live audio. I attended a class At Guitar Center for Ableton Live & they barely touched on recording audio. Most of the time they concentrated on using the samples in Live. I guess no one plays real musical instruments anymore! To me, this is just copying something some one has done for this program & rearranging it. What a joke.

Here's a typical conversation:
RapperDude: What software you use?
Me: Cubase.
R: oh. well, we running pro tools. It's what the pro's use. so you can come record with us to get some high definition audio.
...:facepalm:
Man, this is hilarious... and I bet that it is what 'pros' use just because the name is 'Pro Tools'. I cannot see how people can be that stupid.

Some time ago my mother-in-law was talking about my sister's new stove and she didn't stop to talk how good was her stove mentioning that it was a 'chef stove'. It started to freak me out because I couldn't remember to see one of those big industrial style restaurant stoves at the kitchen of my sister. Well, then the next time I stayed at her place I discreetly sneaked into the kitchen just to check her stove and guess what: it is only a regular home stove with the word 'Chef' painted on the front panel.

:rolleyes:

So, that's the logic: if your stove has the 'chef' word printed on the front so it is automatically a 'chef stove'. Same applies to any equipment with the 'Pro' word. Isn't amazing how easy is to push up the reputation of a product by just adding a small word somewhere in its model name? Sometimes people ASK to be treated as idiots.

:D

It's like "High Performance" in the auto industry. Way over used. I once laughed so hard I had to use the bathroom over a can of "High Performance Glass Cleaner"...like that'll add 5HP to your car. :laughings:

Man, this is hilarious... and I bet that it is what 'pros' use just because the name is 'Pro Tools'. I cannot see how people can be that stupid.

I'm pretty sure it's the standard because it was the first to capture the industry. The same can be said about Macs, and now PC are just as good. Other DAWs are trying to get some of the market, but it's pretty hard to do when Pro Tools was there first and few are willing to change.

Right place, right time. Nothing more. But it doesn't hurt to have the word "Pro" in your name to attract the "ooh, pretty" crowd...

Some time ago my mother-in-law was talking about my sister's new stove and she didn't stop to talk how good was her stove mentioning that it was a 'chef stove'. It started to freak me out because I couldn't remember to see one of those big industrial style restaurant stoves at the kitchen of my sister. Well, then the next time I stayed at her place I discreetly sneaked into the kitchen just to check her stove and guess what: it is only a regular home stove with the word 'Chef' painted on the front panel.

:rolleyes:

So, that's the logic: if your stove has the 'chef' word printed on the front so it is automatically a 'chef stove'. Same applies to any equipment with the 'Pro' word. Isn't amazing how easy is to push up the reputation of a product by just adding a small word somewhere in its model name? Sometimes people ASK to be treated as idiots.

:D

OK so, Steinberg's Cubase 8 has "Pro" now. https://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/buy_product/product/cubase-pro-8.html Makes me wonder what's more professional in a DAW. But I guess because Cubase soesn't have "tools" you might not be able to fix anything with it...:confused::laughings:

Back