What DAW do you use?

What DAW do you use ??

• Total voters
Using ProTools 10, and now Sony SoundForge Pro 10 as a compliment, in my efforts at setting up a hobby desktop home studio.

Bill

This poll will IMO be quite redundant. Been done before. Cubase and Reaper seem to be the most used in this forum (based by my frequenting of the site). It does not mean that other DAW's are not worthy. The best thing about 'Home Recording', is having the chance to find what works for each individual. Industry standard is the equivalent of your mom telling you how to amuse yourself....

Studio One mainly. Also know Cubase and Logic pretty well and have Reaper to play around with at some point.

I started with Acid Pro and moved to Cubase when I started getting more indepth with plug ins. I never knew how weak acid was before switching. Glad I did.

This poll will IMO be quite redundant. Been done before.
I guess the 17 year old at the start of their recording life on a big wide world recording forum probably sees it very differently as they tend to be more sponge like and impressionable when it comes to what the grown ups are using !

Cubase 6. :D.
I love the daw. I hate ppl asking me "why don't you use pro tools?"
Only n00bs ask that though.

I just :facepalm:

Cubase ftw.
Steinberg rules.

Not hating on the rest though.

I guess the 17 year old at the start of their recording life on a big wide world recording forum probably sees it very differently as they tend to be more sponge like and impressionable when it comes to what the grown ups are using !

IME. the young en's tend to not listen to anything we say. So....Go and get ProTools! Your dad said it's the best software. I am old enough to be your daddy, and it is always the possibility that I am, so get ProTools! Just don't ask me for the money to pay for it! :D

I use Reaper.

I used to use Logic

I'm not sure of the point of the poll. The effectiveness of something is not determined by a popularity contest.

I fall under the "Other" catagory.
I use Magix Music Studio 2005 Deluxe. I love the giggles it gives me.
But.............
I am going to have to upgrade because my system is 13 years old and I am clueless as to how much longer it will last.
It seems that the internet is finally starting to be too much for it. Too much "RICH" media and flash advertising nonsense.
Then there's IE8 DOG slow... and there was nothing wrong with IE6 - I could watch youtube all day long... but noooo, some
yoyo thought it was cool to tweak and outdate my system. Industrial politics Grrrrr!!!!

At work I always run into people that like to refer to themselves as engineers and rappers/whatever.
My dad for some reason likes to tell them all that I'm "into the music too" and if I have any questions ask them...
Here's a typical conversation:
RapperDude: What software you use?
Me: Cubase.
R: oh. well, we running pro tools. It's what the pro's use. so you can come record with us to get some high definition audio.
...:facepalm:

they never know wtf they're talking about.
I used to just brush it off.
Until I ran into someone talking that shit about Cubase not being legit...
I went along with it and start asking them questions about bits and samplerates and stuff.
:laughings: they were confused as hell
gtfo n00bs.

I get more frustrated at the fact that they're probably running it illegally, and try to act like they know it all.

But for the record-

I started with a Tascam standalone.
Then my first DAW experience was with Audacity. Then to Cubase le4.
I tried out Reaper. Cubase le5. Dabbled in PT tutorials, and saw a friend running it.
I also researched Studio One.
Cubase felt the most comfortable. And I couldv'e actually got PT10 cheaper due to a customer discount.

Now I'm on my first "big boy DAW" Cubase 6.

I use Reaper.

I used to use Logic

I'm not sure of the point of the poll. The effectiveness of something is not determined by a popularity contest.

You said it better than I. The poll is redundant. Use what you like to use. The only way to know is to try.

Who wears underpants based on a commercial that says they are the most comfortable? Condoms because your favorite star uses them? Salad dressing because your favorite actor endorses?

Use what works for you. Not what is the most popular...

Maybe it's good for some to get an idea of what other people are using, and why they're using it.
I use Reaper, but made that choice a few years ago after watching a friend get mad repeatedly with his (then) current Pro Tools rig.

Here we are, three years later...and I'm kind of curious about Pro Tools. Back then, I could afford it. Now, not so much. :-\

I use Studio One professional v2
i have used most there is and Studio One is very good.
but then again they all come with some advantages. logic has a huge sample library. Cubase has great midi tools. Protools a sweet audio engine.

Back