what about usb??????

hubb_99

i was looking at the m-audio Audiosport duo, which i belive is a lot like the omni studio only you don't have to have a sound card becuase it goes throught the usb ports. I was just wondering if this comparable to going through a sound card and if you get the same results? Does it still react in the computer like a souncard? I really don't understand how this set-up works and if someone could give a detailed explaination, i would appreciate it.

This has been explained in detail about a gazillion times (hint hint, use the search button) so all you'll get now is a quickie:)

0.5 I say soundcard where the manufacturers often say "audio interface". What's the difference? About five letters and some marketing... Soundcards are usually what you hook your computer speakers to while "audio interfaces" are geared to recording. However, you can record with your soundblaster as well.

1. You don't need a soundcard with the omni studio. It is a soundcard, only too big to fit in the computer case.

2. You don't hook up the omni studio with your present soundcard, you put a new card in your computer, to which the omni is connected.

3. The Audiosport is a soundcard just like the omni. It just happens to connect to the USB port (good or bad, I don't know).

Back