Weird recording issue - under water sound?

Robby Suavé

I don't know what the word is to describe the sound I'm getting when I record. With various audio interfaces and mixers, this happens. The recording will sound fine for a few seconds, but then it gets all mangled and under water sounding. Here's an example recording.

Any ideas?

I don't know what the word is to describe the sound I'm getting when I record. With various audio interfaces and mixers, this happens. The recording will sound fine for a few seconds, but then it gets all mangled and under water sounding. Here's an example recording.

Any ideas?

Are you sure it isn't the amp doing that? I have never heard of a DAW or interface causing that unintentionally. Sounds like you have some things to fix man. :(

What DAW are you using? Curious you say 'mixers' - are you plugging into the computer's mini jacks, or using USB into the computer?

It's not the amp. In my headphones as I'm recording, it sounds fine. It doesn't matter what program or input I use to record either. It does it if I plug into the mini jack or via USB.

How are your system resources? Normally, lack of CPU/RAM/whatever is more likely to result in drops and stuttering, but who knows?

If I plug a USB microphone in, it never does it. It's only when I have an audio interface or a powered mixer involved. And I posted in another thread, but I might be having some kind of power/circuitry issues because I get minor shocks when I touch the metal pickguard on my guitar.

Back