[SOLVED] Waves Update Not showing Plugins

DM60

While I wait for Waves to get back to me, thought I wold post and ask here.

On a PC with Windows 10.

Purchased some new plugins from Waves. Downloaded through Waves central. There were updates for all of the plugins, so I thought I would update. Easy as eating pie. Moved the Wave dll for 64 bit to my VST folder, started up the DAW, rescanned. Nothing but the Wave shell. I thought, OK, maybe it is the DAW. Tried it in Reaper, nothing showed up.

Uninstalled everything, to include Waves Central, removed all the files I could find. I did not clean the registry, that is last thing I would do. That usually causes more problems than solves.

As stated, if anybody has run into this problem and knows how to solve it, I would appreciate it. Everything posted on the Internet so far hasn't solved the problem. And nothing on Waves has provided a cure.

If you have something, please let me know. I am sitting dead in the water right now as I can't work on anything that calls the plugins, which are all of my songs for the last 2-3 years.

Once I removed the folder from users\appdata\roaming\wavesAudio, uninstalled waves central and removed all waves folders in programs. Solved the problem. I think just removing the wavesaudio folder under appdata\roaming cured it as I noticed before removing it it had not been updated.

Anyway, if you have this problem with Waves, try uninstalling and remove users\appdata\roaming\wavesAudio. That will probably cure the problem.

if you are new to waves, it isn't a bad idea to go to waves central once a month, log out and then log back in. This will sync up and also check for updates. I then go to 'manage licenses' and click 'my machine' for source, check 'all' for licenses and target 'cloud'. after it successfully moves to cloud, do the same operation in reverse, source 'cloud', check 'all' for licenses and 'my machine' for target. Everything will be nice and fresh and ready to roll. It prevents that horrible frustration of being in a session and going to 'plugins' and finding you get an error message saying 'such and such license not found'. :cursing:

don't ask me how I know that :facepalm:

if you are new to waves, it isn't a bad idea to go to waves central once a month, log out and then log back in. This will sync up and also check for updates. I then go to 'manage licenses' and click 'my machine' for source, check 'all' for licenses and target 'cloud'. after it successfully moves to cloud, do the same operation in reverse, source 'cloud', check 'all' for licenses and 'my machine' for target. Everything will be nice and fresh and ready to roll. It prevents that horrible frustration of being in a session and going to 'plugins' and finding you get an error message saying 'such and such license not found'. :cursing:

don't ask me how I know that :facepalm:

This wasn't a license problem, this was an update/install problem. Maybe what you stated could have avoided the issue, as I don't update unless I buy something. Probably haven't touched Waves Central in over a year. That was the first problem, Waves Central had to be first updated. (That checking for updates status I would say is BS ;) don't believe it.)

I have had Waves for several years, I rarely have issues with the plugins, therefore, I don't touchy!

Back