Wav to CD Problems

version2

Help me.

I just got done mixing a Christmas project. After mixing down all the tracks and getting everything to 16-bit 44.1 for cd I open up Nero and get ready to burn my cd.

Nero burns it without a hitch. i take it downstairs to listen on the home system. I get pops! Digital distortion everywhere. It still plays and you can hear everything just fine, but there is a crackling sound in there.

I go back upstairs and click on every wav file and play it from beginning to end. No crackling. I checked every one of the files to make sure they are in cd format. They are. This is driving me insance. It happened last week but I thought it was a fluke and moved on. Could someone please help me solve this or direct me to a place where I can?

Thanks.

If it is a new problem and you have not changed any settings since your last CD burning session then,
I would suggest a OS de-frag and maybe even a scan-disk run on your HD.

It couldn't hurt, and it always helps your computer's performance.
Joe

You say the disc plays fine from your computer CDROM? It could very well be an issue with your home CD player. A lot of older players will not do CDR very well at all.

Slackmaster 2000

Well lets see...

I defrag regularly and it is a new problem...in that it only started happening since I have re-setup my studio after moving to the new house. I had to wipe my machine and start from scratch. I have all the latest drivers, etc. PLUS. I have moved the wav files around from machine to machine and it does the same thing from every one of them.

And no, it doesnt play right in any cd player. Home, car, laptop, etc.

Now, with that being said...sometimes its worse...sometimes its better. In fact, I just burned a couple of cd's right here in the office of the track that gave me the problem FIRST. It plays with no problems. Its crazy.

I have narrowed it down to only wav files I create from mixdowns. Everything else burns and plays fine.

Files that are actually burned on CD are not WAV files, right before burning WAV files are being converted into CD files format. Seems like it is either that conversion process that ruins your files, or something is happening to your burner.

Back